Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Garland instructions - finishing touches !






OK -- NOW it's time to add doo dads to decorate the stars even more! On the 3 biggest stars and on the 2 blue stars on each end of the garland rope I sewed a large white button in the center. I used Pearl Cotton in red and used a x-stitch through all layers of the stars. I also sewed a large white button on the ends of the rick rack that dangle down from the 2 blue stars in the cascading star segments.

Next I cut 2 pieces of fabric measuring about 2 inches wide by 6 inches long from the red stripe fabric (using pinking shears). I tied each of these pieces in a knot in the middle. Using the Pearl Cotton, I tacked one red stripe "bow" to the middle of each off white star of the cascading star segments.

OK -- we're almost at the finish line!! Tomorrow --- the Grand Finale !

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

No comments: