Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cutting out the pieces

I used pinking shears to cut out all the stars , batting and ties.

From red stripe fabric, using largest star pattern (#1) cut 6 stars (enough for 3 large finished stars front and back)

From red fabric with white stars, using medium size star pattern (#2) cut 4 stars (enough for 2 medium finished stars front and back).

From blue fabric with white stars, using star pattern #2 cut 8 stars (enough for 4 medium finished stars front and back)

From beige print fabric , using star pattern #2 , cut 4 stars (enough for 2 medium finished stars)

From red fabric with white stars, using star pattern #3 (smallest star) cut 3 stars (to applique on 3 large stars)

Using the tie pattern, cut 5 blue ties and 6 red ties (red fabric with white stars).

From the cotton batting cut 3 large stars, and 8 medium stars.

Happy cutting !! I'll start posting the sewing/construction directions tomorrow (I think! -- kids have a dirt bike race tomorrow -- so I may not get to post again until Monday -- but I'll try for tomorrow!!) . . . and, like I said, if this is all about as clear as mud, please feel free to post any questions in the comments or email me.

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)


1 comment:

OldBagNewTricks said...

Mary Anne, this is exactly the same method I use to design EVERYTHING. Clothes, furniture, froggy ponds. We must have gone to the same School of Art & Architecture _- I thought I recognized you!

Jenny