Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'll be away from Blogland for a few days .....




Tomorrow morning is my Mom's scheduled surgery -- we'll be leaving for Philadelphia this evening. If all goes as planned, she should be discharged the following day, then I may stay at her house with her for a couple of days. Soooooo..... I've got my "waiting room activities" lined up --- there's my stack of magazines that I forced myself NOT to look at too much before we leave .... and .... yep ... I did it ... I started a new "Hurry Up and Wait" project . I felt I needed a little variety in my "Hurry Up and Wait "projects -- so I thought I'd give needle turn applique a spin -- I'll let ya know how this goes. I'm following Robyn Pandolph's needle turn method. AND, wait, wait, wait --- even though I joined the FWYHchallenge, I feel , technically speaking, since my FWYH project is a sewing machine project and my new needle turn applique project is a take - along hand work project, I haven't broken the rules ...... yet......!


Sooo, hopefully Mom's surgery will go smoothly and she'll be home sooner rather than later and back to her old self .... and I'll be back to the fun and games of Blogland sooner rather than later ! Until then ..... Have fun !!

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

6 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Best wishes to you and and your mom. Looks like some good stuff to keep you occupied.

OldBagNewTricks said...

I'm keeping everything crossed that your mom's surgery turns out well and that she is up and at 'em fast as a flash. I'm crossing my fingers for you too.

Jenny

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good luck to your mom. Hope everything works out ok. Waiting rooms are no fun. Luckily it looks like you have plenty to keep your mind busy.

Lucy said...

Good luck to your mom.

Lucy said...

ps.. I love your featherweight picture :-)

Vallen said...

Good thoughts going out to your mom. I hope you'll be back soon.