Thursday, January 29, 2009

What can you make from a half of a circle ?

Happy almost end of the week Blogland Neighborhood ! Nothing really new or exciting here at MBIAJ .... more snow and ice yesterday .... another snow day resulting in a house full of bottomless pit teenagers (ah yes .... remember those days of super efficient metabolisms ? when just looking at a chocolate chip cookie didn't just automatically bloat you up a quick 10 pounds?). Well, I must say the snow and ice do provide some outdoor exercise (and I don't mean the fun kind) .... I mean the kind involving shoveling and scraping the frozen precipitation off of my car, etc ....and, why you might ask don't I just put the car in the 2 car garage we purposely made sure was included when we built this house 5 years ago so that I don't have to shovel and scrape the snow and ice off of the car ???.....




.....that's why ..........there are 2 dirtbikes, a motor scooter, 4 mountain bikes, 3 road bikes, 2 mattresses, a lawn mower and proably a partridge in a pear tree in our garage ....all that crap seems to rank higher than good ol' mom and her car (and don't think that all of it belongs to the kids ..... oh no ... the CEO (i.e. dear old dad/Mr.Moonbeams himself) owns at least half of it .....but that's OK , I'm not bitter .... but I do think that the next time the weather guy predicts more snow and ice that stupid (I mean precious) motor scooter and a few of those bikes may just find themselves OUTSIDE in the yard.... OK, now I feel better ....

Anyhow, back to the original topic of today's post .... "What can you make from a half of a circle (of fabric, that is)?" .....


...you can lay a bunch of them out on a table and alternate the colors to admire them ....


....you can fold them in half and pin one side to make a bunch of these and.....



....let the photography dept practice taking close ups .... (I think they need more practice ...)




...you could chain piece/sew all of those folded over half fabric circles and make.....



.....some sort of a garland .....



......or a snakey kind of a thing ...




....or.... I know !! how about a scarf?!?!?



....oh...of course .... a new hat for Kitty ....brim down or.....



.....brim up ....(hmmmm...wonder if we could interest Aretha in one of these hats?)





.....OR..... you could make .....




....FABRIC FLOWERS !! These were lots of fun and very quick to make..... and I have Dawn at Sew Ritzy Titzy to thank for the great instructions ! Now, I must tell you all that I had to add an extra layer of "flower" on my flowers to hide my sloppy stitching .... I added a yo yo flower under the fabric covered button on top of the 2 layers of fabric petals .... but that'll be our little secret.....shhhhhhh.....

Be back soon ....

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

8 comments:

Pat said...

Cute post!!! Love the fabric used for those flowers. Regarding the snow and the garage situaiton.....heck...the least the male contingent of the house could do is shovel off your car for you!

OldBagNewTricks said...

Darling half circle fabric circles I am mightily, mightily impressed.And you are the funniest mom in all of Blogland, hands down.

Jenny

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cute, cute, cute flowers. Isn't Dawn the best? I always love MBIAJ updates. :)

Carla said...

Such a fun post! The flower is really pretty.

OldBagNewTricks said...

See, you ARE the funniest!! And the smartest too! I never NEVER would have thought of making myself Super Jenny!!! There I am with my staid and stodgy notions about pillows or framed art... when the only real answer is to make myself a super hero.

Impressed,
Jenny

Dawn said...

Now, how in the heck did you get a picture of our garage....*grin*

And hey -- your flowers turned out soooooooooo beautiful!

Mona said...

Yay! I love the flowers!! Kitty looks cute in her hats as well.

Dawn said...

And you MUST, MUST post those pics of your fabulous flower in the Flickr photos! (http://www.flickr.com/groups/938503@N21/)

And don't forget the ones of Hello Kitty and her adorable petal hat -- man! That's cuter than the flower! *grin*