Sunday, January 18, 2009

Desperately seeking COLOR !!!!!!

Good Sunday evening Blogland Neighbor-hood!

I took these pictures today ..... and they are NOT black and white pictures ..... these are COLOR pictures ...... talk about DRAB !!!! UGH !!!(you think that's bad ... you should see my pasty complexion...) SHOW ME SOME COLOR !!!
Well, I knew I wasn't gonna find it outside anywhere today (at least not in northeast Pa !) .... but lookie what I came across at the grocery store .....




...COLOR !!



......bright, sunshiney COLOR !!! Isn't that glorious !!!









.....and, at the fabric store I was able to buy me some COLOR !!!!


.....I'm especially lovin' that bright yellow bumble bee fabric!







....which brings me to this breath of fresh spring air picture ....


















....which is in this "Mary Jane's Farm" magazine ....


















.....OK , enough dreamin' for today (only a few short months and it'll be sunshiney yellow in these parts OUTSIDE !!!.....sigh)

Anyhow, technically it's Monday here (1:47 AM) and that means it's Loser Monday ....time to report in to the Diet Master ..... hmmmmm .... let's see ..... I've been good about tracking my Weight Watcher points everyday ...... but not so good about keeping up with the exercise end of it (missed 2 out of 3 days last week ..... sorry Diet Master , Ma'am ...... plan to do better this week, Ma'am ! ) To make it up to you, here's my fun diet tip of the week ......




......these babies are only 2 points each in Weight Watcher Land !!! YAY!!!.....see, a little fabric, a new magazine , some pretty flowers at the grocery store, and a chocolate treat ..... all better ..... the "Drab" is all gone !

Be back soon!

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

14 comments:

Jeannie said...

Thanks for the burst of color! It has been drab gray, foggy, &cold here too (Wa. State). I actually went out and moved mulch away to see if any bulbs were poking their little heads out - not much action. So tomorrow I'll be checking out the flora at the grocery! Hmmm, maybe some perky fabric too! Thanks for the inspiration. Cheers.

Pat said...

We have drab and a touch of snow (with a LOT of fog) here this a.m. in southern Delaware. Our bulbs have poked through the ground for a few weeks now....but I bet they are very confused. We don't usually have this kind of winter, but....seems like that is the story all over the place. Thanks for the COLOR post and I'd not heard of that magazine......looks very interesting!

CuteStuffInside said...

I love Mary Jane's Farm magazine!

S.W.A.K.

CuteStuffInside said...

I love Mary Jane's Farm magazine!

S.W.A.K.

CuteStuffInside said...

I love Mary Jane's Farm magazine!

S.W.A.K.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I am so sick of winter and cold! And drab. I can emphasize. Plus, buddy has been sick all weekend. It is 12 degrees here today. . .which is like WARM in comparison to what we have been having. Keep tallying those points, MARE. Those Biscotti look yummy.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I remember those months of no sunshine and lots of drab in PA. I don't miss that part. I do miss the huge amounts of sew. I did like that. Now I live in KY where we get a couple of inches of snow along with a dose of sunshine! I love that! No Seasonal Affect Disorder here!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love those yellow tulips. My absolute favorite flower.
And the cookies look yummo!!! Thanks for the tip I'm on my way for some.
Diet master......OUT!!!

Jenessa said...

wonderful photos! i love the striped fabric. and so long as you're putting in effort with losing - i don't think a few misses here and there is a big deal, great job!

Cheryl said...

Wow those pictures....but love your bursts of color!! Great tip on the Biscotti..now off to find them!

Tipper said...

I enjoyed the bright colors in this post-spring is surely on the way-right?

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh I am starving for color, too! Guess if we can't have it outside, we'll just have to splash more around inside!!

Thanks for the reminder that I need to subscribe to Mary Jane's Farm magazine. Saw it once in the bookstore, loved it but didn't buy it. . . and I've never been able to spot it again. I just love the MaryJane's Stitching Room book.

Dawn said...

The warm, buttery shades of your yellow is soothing to the soul!

My kids were just remarking about how last winter the snow got so 'eehh' that we shoveled it off of the lawn onto the black-topped driveway so it would melt faster...ha.

Enjoy your summery fabs a tulips!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I'm envious of your ability to make such a drab day wonderful! I love those flowers they are so happy, I think I need to get some for the house.