Thursday, August 30, 2012

Texting While Sewing (missed that deadline ...... oh well)

Well, this time the MBIAJ Sewing and Quilting Dept (who usually fly by the seat of their pants and get things done at the 11th hour just under the wire) have lost their touch ...... couldn't pull it off this time ...... just couldn't get that "Texting While Sewing" block finished in time for the 11:59 EST PM deadline last night. Even STARTED at 11:00 PM (an entire 59 minutes before zero hour) ...... SHEESH ..... must be getting old .....
Well, anyhow, this is how far I got ...... I had lots of fun using those cute little alphabet stamps and ink pad and stamping "moonbeams in a jar" on the yellow swirly "moonbeams" fabric jar
 For the center block, I used my handwritten "handwriting" fabric (with the words to the song "Would you like to swing on a star , carry moonbeams home in a jar")....... and for the "honeybee petals" I used my "low tech texting" hand typed fabric (also with the words to the Moonbeams in a Jar song).

 So, now I need to add a lid to that jar so the moonbeams don't escape ! (especially since they're moonbeams from a BLUE MOON !) ....... and sew everything together, of course !
While, I'm doing that, you should zip on over to the blog "During Quiet Time" to see all of the great "Texting While Sewing" contest entries.
 
Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

No comments: