Wednesday, August 15, 2012

College Quilt Countdown .......10, 9, 8, 7.........uh oh

Well, my youngest birdie, Evan  is leaving the nest and moving into his first college apartment. Move in day is in T minus 10 days !!!! ..... and of course there's a quilt that (I'm hoping) will be going to college with him. Problem is (and this is no surprise to those of you who are familiar with the MBIAJ Quilting and Sewing Dept) the quilt isn't finished !

This quilt was started last year in honor of his high school graduation.  Fabrics and colors were approved by the teenager himself.  The "595" is his dirtbike racing number. 

And, those circles are his original doodles done on fabric. (this kid is FAMOUS for his over the top "totally bored in class" notebook doodle art. )

I have to finish putting borders on the back of the quilt.  At his graduation party last summer, everybody signed this piece of plain fabric , which, after I add those fun "chef" and drum fabrics, will become the quilt back.  (Evan is not only a talented doodle artist, he is an amazing drummer and chef!)

 By the way,  since this is a "work in progress" (one of many),  I'm linking in with the "W.I.P Wednesday" gang over at Freshly Pieced.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ........ it's gonna be here WAY before I'm ready (and I'm not just talking about the quilt ...... SOB !)

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

3 comments:

Angie @ craftedAngles said...

Mare - What a great college quilt. Very personalized. I like how you had to have the colors 'approved' -- doesn't time just fly by!

Angie @ craftedAngles said...

Mare - What a great college quilt. Very personalized. I like how you had to have the colors 'approved' -- doesn't time just fly by!

Nancy said...

We are getting ready to move one twin to IUP and the other to Drexel....the first year they go. I'm not looking forward to this :o)