Friday, February 20, 2009

Kids vs Jeans

Good Friday morning Blogland Neighborhood ! Here at MBIAJ Headquarters there is a constant battle between my teenage boys and their jeans ..... it's a jungle out there and it's survival of the fittest .... score....

Evan 1 / Jeans 0


Matt 1 / Jeans 0













...and this is not an isolated incident .... I can't tell you how many times Matt and Evan have split their baggy britches like this......now my question is are they just not making jeans to stand up to the antics of wild maniac teenage boys OR does this have anything to do with logistics (i.e. pants that are slung half way down their butts/ worn at half mast combined with being wild maniac teenage boys?).

I don't know , however I do know that there will be no attempts to revive these two pair of jeans .....

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

6 comments:

Susan in Summerhill said...

I also have a son who is a freshman in college. The last pair of jeans that he asked me to repair for him looked just like your pictures! I don't know how they get that way. When the jeans are that bad they just simply have to find a new pair of favorite jeans. It does make you wonder what they did to get them that way. You are not alone!

Pat said...

hahaha...I'm laughing....because I have no teenage boys!!! :)

lissa said...

Same thing happens to my sons whether they are the tight jeans or baggy jeans. After many attempts to repair, I told them I could patchwork their butt or they had to donate their jeans to my fabric stash

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Mother of boys...that's how my sons look still at 18 sorry to bring you bad news....

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Boys will be boys!!!! I'm just sayin.

Queenly Things said...

Well, to keep those pants up you kind of have to bow out your thighs and that certainly must put strain across the - yup, right across the bum.