Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Martha Stewart's show on BLOGS & my stitching chair

Good morning Blogland neighbors! I'm happy to say it's a GORGEOUS day here in Pennsylvania .... sunny and only a high of 71 degrees this afternoon!! I don't know about you, but I'm more than ready to say "see ya" to hot summer weather and "howdy" to cool, crisp fall weather!

Anyhow, I just happen to have the T.V. on right now as I'm chatting with all of you and the Martha Stewart show is on ..... and guess what! .. the ENTIRE show today is on the subject of ...... BLOGGING !! All of the people in her audience are bloggers and are sitting there with their laptops blogging about her show AND all of her guests are bloggers ..... now, I just have one question ..... WHY WASN'T I ASKED TO BE ON THE SHOW OR AT THE VERY LEAST IN THE AUDIENCE ..... HHMMMMmmmmmmm?!?!?! Well, we'll just see if Martha stays on the Moonbeams Christmas card list!!

Well, on to our next subject ..... "my stitching chair". Last night I was having a cup of tea and doing some visiting in the Blogland Neighborhood . I dropped in on Leanne right next door in Australia. She was showing us what she's got in her embroidery hoop and the chair she likes to sit in while she works on her stitcheries. (you should go visit ....her quilts and projects are REALLY cute!)... Anyhow, she invited everybody in the neighborhood to also show their favorite stitching chairs so here we go.....

.....this is one of my new living room chairs .... we have 2 of these chairs on either side of the fireplace and they are VERY comfy .... they're recliners .... now I'd like to say that I sit and leisurely stitch away the hours in these chairs , however I don't get to do that because A) I would probably be consumed by guilt because my mind would be racing and reminding me of the zillions of other things I should be doing and......

.....B) these chairs are usually occupied.....










Now I also have a lovely porch with pretty porch furniture and ....

....again, I'd like to say I sit out here for hours happily stitching away .... BUT, again that guilt thing .......AND, also the past couple of weeks it's been a bit NOISY and dangerous to sit out here because .....

.....the siding guys finally showed up to replace the siding on 3 sides of our house that were damaged A YEAR AGO in a freak hail storm. Hopefully they'll be finished soon .... they keep showing up where I'm not expecting them , like, for example ....

......hanging out there above the kitchen window ....(that's a guy's foot in the upper right corner of the window ....he was sitting on scaffolding which I didn't realize and when I went to put my coffe cup in the sink I jumped about 5 feet in the air when all I saw was a couple of feet out there!)

OK, so anyway on with the topic of "my stitching chair".....


......just kidding ...... however, it has crossed my mind .... but that comes under the category of way over doing the concept of "multi tasking"!!! .... I think we'll just keep this as the "reading chair".

Well, on the subject of "multi tasking", my actual "stitching chair" usually ends up to be .....

.....the car seat while waiting for Evan at soccer practice ....or

...the bleacher seats at Evan's soccer games.....(I'm gonna have to stitch up a cushion to sit on .... those seats are cold and hard .... causing butt numbness!!)

Well, speaking of my butt, it's time to haul it away from this computer and get moving with the rest of my day. Be back soon!

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

11 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh Mare, I am sorry it has taken 3 years for the siding guys to show up. ;) I can say that their feet above my sink would be upsetting.

Joy said...

Oh you have lots of stitching chairs!! I think I'd love to sit and stitch on your porch ... it's just delightful :o).

simple~needs said...

i left you an award on my blog. :0

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

I think your new livingroom chairs are gorgeous & would make a lovely place to sit & stitch! I don't know what Martha was thinking not including you in the crowd of bloggers! ;)

Dawn said...

Love all of your stitching 'chairs'! Too, too funny!

And if Martha were really smart she'd be over at your house filming an entire show about this very subject.*grin*

And make sure the siding guy's shoes show up in one of the segments.

Mona said...

Surely Martha sent you an invite to her blogging show...uh-oh...Kitty isn't hiding it is she?? You know what a snit she can get into if her name isn't on the invitation. :) She probably just drove right over it and knocked it off the counter and into the trash can!

Mare, you have some great stitching chairs.

Tamara said...

I call the behind numbness TBS tired butt syndrome, can be cured with lots of padding or sleep. ;-)

I think the stitching chair outside would be the best place, once those siding guys vanish (after the job is done) of course.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

You are too funny. Martha seems to like to pick the young hip bloggers to showcase...hmmmm...does she not know that there are women closer to her age who write fabulously witty blogs?? Not to mention creative and clever...oh well. I would have you attend my show if I had one :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOWZER looks like you have one mega huge house there. LOL And it's yellow. Even better.
Love the new chair! Looks oh so comfy. How dare Martha to leave you off the show. I'd cancel her too if I were you.

Cheryl said...

Love all your stitching charis...and the foot hanging in the window .... too funny!! Love your yellow house, my favorite color. I am hoping for 70 degree weather here soon :-)!