Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Last Quilt of Summer .........

Like the last rose of summer ....

......this beachy last quilt of summer stands out on this dreary overcast autumn day ......

.....and as we watch the leaves turn and begin to fall , marking the end of one season and celebrating the beginning of a new one ......

.......I am amazed that , unlike the leaves that will eventually disintegrate , this quilt has not ...... disintegrated that is ...... the poor thing has been sitting around for FIVE years waiting to be quilted/finished !!!!   I started this quilt for my best friend Beth's  __th  birthday 5 years ago  ...... so now it's FINALLY finished !!!!!

HEY BETH ....... COME AND GET YOUR QUILT !!!!!

Be back soon !!!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

1 comment:

Amanda Harvey said...

It's beautiful! I love the colors. You are so hilarious. Again, I laughed out loud!

You and I are true sisters in the quilting world.

Congratulations on getting published! I know what I'm doing tomorrow. A trip to the book store to see!!