Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oh Sandy Baby ....... please don't stay !!!!!

Well, unless you've been living under a rock, you know that  Hurricane Sandy is lumbering up the east coast and plans on taking a left turn somewhere around Atlantic City, NJ tomorrow.   Then, she may be strolling right smack into Pennsylvania .......

in the vicinity of MBIAJ Headquarters (see arrow).   I've heard this storm described as "Frankenstorm"  or another "Perfect Storm" ........THAT is NOT good !!!!!  I went to Walmart yesterday to stock up on batteries (none to be found),  sterno and matches (none), and gallons of water (lots still left thank goodness!).    Since our power goes out when somebody sneezes, I'm enjoying my electricity now while I've got it (not to mention running water and flushing toilets  -- we live in the woods and have a well and septic which depend on electricity to work).    So,  I'm hoping "Sandy" cools off and turns into nothing but a sweet innocent little drizzle  wearing a Peter Pan collar and a poodle skirt !
 
Well,  I better go fill up my bathtub with toilet flushing water ......... if you are in the path of Sandy, please stay safe !!!! ....... and we'll all meet back here as soon as our power comes back on  ....... or MAYBE it won't go out at all !!!!  
 
Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

3 comments:

Amanda Harvey said...

I love the new look of your blog!

Please stay safe, Mary Anne. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else in Sandy's path.

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

We are right beneath you, Mary Ann, here in the DC area. Still have power but they are predicting 70 mph wind gusts--really???? I do have craft projects lined up that require no electricity. Everything is closed here, including the Fed Gov't, Metro, all schools, and well...everything. Hang in there, my friend! See you on the flip side!~~XXOO, Beth

Cindy said...

Stay safe!