Sunday, September 4, 2011

My hydrangeas are drooping .....

Happy September and Happy Labor Day weekend Blogland Neighborhood! Well, even though it is still pretty darn HUMID and feeling like summer here in Pa (hopefully to change soon according to those Weather Channel people), the MBIAJ yard and garden are showing signs of fall/autumn (YAY!!! we LOVE fall/autumn here at MBIAJ !!! Just as a little side note here - do you refer to the season as "fall" or "autumn"? I usually say "fall" but I like the sound of "autumn" better . "Autumn" sounds romantic and New Englandy while "Fall" sounds like something you want to prevent so you don't break a hip ! - I think I've been in the physical therapy homecare/ safety at home and falls prevention game too long !)

ANYWAY ..... as I was saying before that last ramble, the yard and garden are showing signs of changing seasons ...



....a few fallen leaves (I gathered them all up and put them in one place just for this picture .... not enough to rake yet!)









....a droopy sunflower ...





....an empty nest ....







.......some fall colored mums, black eyed susan's and sedum (all drooping I might add)




...... and the star of today's show .... my drooping hydgranea tree. Now I'm pretty sure all of these things are not drooping due to lack of precipitation after all, Hurricane Irene was just here. No, I think by this time of year, the blooms are big and heavy and just DROOP !!! So, not knowing what else to do with the droopy blooms, the MBIAJ Gardening Dept decided to get some pruning implements and......



....lop off a few of those droopy hydgrangeas and sedums and ....




.......put them in a big mason jar (one of these days the MBIAJ Photography Dept will actually read the directions on proper lighting and exposure .....)





......uh oh.....look who found the flowers already. OK, so even though the flowers look pretty sitting on that table, Sam is probably waiting for just the right time to A)try and eat them . B)try and play with them. or C) knock them over. So, the MBIAJ Decorating Dept has moved them ....




...up there on top of the fireplace mantel .









So, anyhow , hope you all are enjoying this last official weekend of summer (even though fall/autumn doesn't officially start for another couple of weeks according to my calendar)

Be back soon,
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Love, love all your photos and I am so looking forward to Fall. Thanks for giving me hope it is coming :-)!!