Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shabby Chic? or just plain shabby junk ?

Happy HOT Thursday Blogland Neighborhood! Well, so much for that nice weather we were having (i.e. low humidity and good sleeping weather). The heat wave has caught up with us here in Pennsylvania .... BIG TIME !!! ....making it necessary to be out in it to water the yard and garden, etc. .... prompting Mr. Moonbeams (who was taking his turn watering) to ask why I have certain items in said yard and why on earth I am not getting rid of this "junk". JUNK ?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!






......does this rotting birdhouse look like JUNK ????? (this was made my Mr. Moonbeams' great uncle who has since passed away)



......and this falling apart garden bench ????? JUNK ????? (this was put together and dragged out into the yard by my Moonbeams Boys for me for Mother's Day at least 10 years ago )


......and this well worn bicycle basket ????? JUNK ????? (this was my bicycle basket that was on my trusty Schwinn Hollywood bike through out my entire childhood ; it held many a bag of candy from the local drug store on a Saturday morning paid for with my allowance ; it also held many apples picked sneakily from Old Man Fredrickson's apple trees )


So ...... JUNK ?????? Au Contraire !!!! This stuff is SHABBY CHIC GARDEN ART with lots of sentimental value !!!!! JUNK MY FOOT !!!!

Be back soon !
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

No comments: