Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (but don't overdo it!)

Well, happy Friday Blogland Neighborhood! We're so glad you enjoyed our "2nd Annual Sugar Plum Fairy Spectacular" !! (Thanks for all the fun comments!).




Today, like much of the country, we had some snow (followed by and mixed in with sleet ..... kind of messy and tricky to drive in, but pretty to look at!) Anyhow, I needed some greens (as my mother calls them .... translation = clippings of pine/evergreen trees) for a little outdoor decorating (because it's less than a week until Christmas and , NO, I'm not finished decorating, among other things!) .....so, I dusted off my boots and dug out my mittens and trudged out to the woods behind our house....


....to clip some clippings (all the while hoping that's not illegal .... but I'm pretty sure I was still on our property .... I think....)





......I happen to know this bench is MINE and is on our property .... so my mittens and clippings are allowed to be there !!!! (O.K. so it's falling apart and nobody should actually sit on it ..... unless it's that park ranger who keeps trying to give my kids a fine for riding their dirtbikes too close to / or probably on state park land .....)

Anyhow, lets take a walk around to the front of the house .....



.......hmmmmm.... that tree looks like a telephone pole.....








.....OK ... my tootsies are FREEZING .... I think those boots leak .... let's go back in the house .... we'll go in the side door....



.....oh ... that's what I needed the "greens" for ... I tie them on those skiis (those are my Dad's early 1950's skiis .... complete with pointy, dangerous looking ski poles!)











....Ahhhh.... now that we're back inside, my tootsies are thawing out ....
Oh, hey look at this fun Gooseberry Patch Christmas book I picked up at the grocery store a few days ago .....






















Kitty and I planned to do some baking.....




....gathered up our equipment and ingredients for cookies and Aunt Irma's cranberry pie ..... but, as usual, got side tracked and did NOT accomplish SQUAT in the baking dept ..... or the wrapping dept ..... or the gift sewing dept .... or the Christmas card writing dept .... (sigh) ... status quo around here!

Anyhow, we're supposed to get more snow on Sunday so, maybe if we're stuck here at home, Kitty and I will at least get the cranberry pie made ..... and if we do, we'll be sure to post the recipe ....it's a good one !!!

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

5 comments:

Joy said...

Your house is so gorgeous!!! How lovely that you'll be having a white Christmas :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Jeannie said...

I love your house and it is my favorite color and the same bright yellow as my house. I am so over this snow and cold! My parents live north of Seattle and they have more than we do on the east side of the state. Today there are blizzard warnings. I am going to scoot out and pick up magazines, movies, and Starbuck's! Have a very merry!

jerseygirl said...

I no longer think of sugar plum fairies without the image of armpit hair. I am an equal opportunity activist so what the heck!! May everyone on your blog have a healthy and peaceful holiday season. I am honored to be amongst such creative women from all over the globe....

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your house is wonderful!!! Can I move in?? I love it!! And I do love that snow too.

debbie said...

Thanks for taking us along with you to clip your greens! Your house is beautiful! :o)