Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reversal spell needed (for our new staff member).......




Happy Wednesday Blogland Neighbor-hood! This morning the MBIAJ Sewing Dept decided to sit and stitch in the lovely October sunshine coming in through the sewing room window ..... while listening to ......


...... the soundtrack from our favorite movie of the Halloween season Practical Magic....






So, as I was saying, there we were happily sitting by the sunny window, listening to some lovely music and working on ....




....this Halloween stitchery that, if you've been reading this blog for the past two years, probably looks familiar because that's how long ago we designed it and posted the "how to's" way back in this post .....ANYWAY .....there we were happily stitching in the sunshine when out of the corner of my eye I detect some movement .....




.....right there on the chair next to me .....see?



.......this guy/gal? BUG !!!! well, after getting over our initial shiver and "YUCK" .... I sat back down and had quite a nice chat with Belinda Bug (that's her name she tells me) while continuing to stitch in the sunny window and listening to our lovely music. Turns out Belinda has been on the business end of a wicked witch's spell .....she's like the prince that was turned into a frog .... only she's an expert quilter/stitcher that has been turned into a BUG .....well, sorry Belinda .... NOT kissing any frogs and NOT kissing any bugs (no matter how much we could use an expert quilter/stitcher around here) !!!! SO, it sounds like we need a "Reversal Spell" .... but , again we'll be needing someone who knows what they're doing like, for instance .....




...Samantha and her mother, Endora......However, these gals are way too busy to pop in and reverse the spell until after Halloween so.....




....I had to break it to Belinda Bug that I fear her days/minutes are numbered once ....



Shadow, the Bug Catcher gets up from his nap !!!








Be back soon!

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

2 comments:

Jan said...

LOL and ewwwwwwwwwwww on "Belinda the Bug!" I can't believe that Miss Kitty didn't come to your rescue! Just where in the heck is that gal when you need her! Geez Louise! Lovely stitchery :)

Hearts Turned said...

Hi Mary Anne! Just found your blog through Gooseberry Patch--loved reading this post! Your blog is so much fun! I love doing handwork, too--so much to keep us busy! "Practical Magic" is one of my favorites, too, and I was just thinking yesterday that I need to watch it this weekend. I'll be back to see what's going on...