Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snow !!! (and pillow cases)

Well it's snowing here in Jim Thorpe, Pa !!!  Makes everything look so pretty and Christmasy.  I took this picture of our house from far enough away so you can't tell that wreath on the front door is an Autumn wreath with orange and yellow leaves  ...... hoping this can pass for our Christmas card picture (that is if I'm organized enough this year to actually send Christmas cards out !)

....and speaking of left over Autumn decorations ...... that's a pumpkin under that snow.
My favorite live "Christmas Tree" right outside of the kitchen ..... a little too tall (taller than the house) to decorate, so I just keep the bird feeder full and the tree is decorated with cardinals , blue jays, chickadees, nuthatches, and of course squirrels !

....... oh, and look ...... here is the reason why it is just a LITTLE annoying that even with a 2 car garage, there is NO ROOM FOR THE CAR !!!!! GGGGRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr ........ the dirtbikes and many bicycles get preference ...... heaven forbid THEY get snowed on !!!!!

.......and whose idea was it to have such a LONG driveway ...... takes forever to shovel!!!   (oh, wait ....... that WAS my idea .........)          :)

Anyway, instead of listening to me whine and complain about clearing snow off of my car and starting to shovel the driveway,  thought I'd share this Missouri Star Quilt Co. pillow case video/tutorial I saw posted this morning on facebook.  Pillow cases are so quick and fun to make , especially picking out the fabric !!! (isn't that always the best part !!!!)  ENJOY !!!

Pillow case tutorial

P.S.  Also , my friend Sharon has pillow case kits with these exact instructions included with the kit at her fun online store Daisy Cottage Quilting

Be back soon !
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that snow!! I am so so jealous. It's beautiful. I'm still waiting. :(
I've been making pillowcases like that for years. Matter of fact that pattern is free with my pillowcase kits. It is the easiest isn't it?
Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Your home is positively dreamy!

Unknown said...

Well, the article is actually the freshest topic. I trust your conclusions and may eagerly forestall to your returning updates. merely auditory communication thanks will not merely be adequate, for the tremendous lucidity in your writing. i will directly grab your rss feed to stay attentive to any updates.Goodwill League City

t said...

The necessary information you posted in here is excellent and has lots of beneficial articles that could be used as one great resource of knowledge of various aspects! I think you provided the best services for everyone. Salvation Army Stafford