Thursday, November 1, 2012

CURSES !!!! Halloween was yesterday ????

 Happy (belated) Halloween !!!!  We've been a little distracted by a witch named "Sandy"  here on the east coast and almost forgot about Halloween!!!   I am thrilled to say that I am one of the lucky ones ....... we didn't even lose power through the hurricane !!!!  You have no idea how amazing that is  - - in the past, our area has ALWAYS lost power for the least little thing ..... and it would be DAYS before we'd get it back  - - so I am grateful and in awe that we came through this storm without a problem.   My elderly parents,  who live only 20 minutes away from me, however, are without power since Monday night.  They might not have power for a couple more days.   So, after emptying out their fridge and freezer and putting everything in coolers to put in my fridge and freezer,  they finally agreed to come to my house ...... but took lots of coaxing because  they felt they were imposing . Love my parents !!! They are the nicest people on the planet ..... but sometimes they just drive me NUTS !!!!  :)   (and I can say that because I'm their favorite !)
 
So, thankful as I am for getting through this storm without a problem, my heart goes out to all those who are facing hardships and in many cases total devastation. 
 
Be back soon!
Mary Anne (aka Mare)
 
 

No comments: