Sunday, January 19, 2014

Color Inspiration from 1961


I LOVE old movies like this one ,"Lover Come Back",  with Doris Day and Rock Hudson from 1961.   This was on this afternoon and I happened to really take notice of the kitchen  ...... since the modern quilt movement is in full swing along with a revival of mid century design  ...... I'm thinking  the colors used in this kitchen would be perfect for a modern quilt design !!!

 So, of course , I had to drop everything and go rummaging through my cluttered stash and pull out fabrics  ....... (actually the yellow is much softer in person .. it shows up here as kind of bright).      Now to (eventually) put these fabrics into a modern quilt design !!!!  (and it kind of cracks me up since I was about 2 or 3 years old when this movie came out ..... so does that make me modern too ???? )

Be back soon !
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare )

1 comment:

Busy Little Quilter said...

I can't wait to see what you design with those! I love old movies, too. My favorites are the "Tammy" ones, but I also love Doris Day movies.


My blog is messed up completely. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope to get it fixed, soon.

Amanda Harvey aka Busy Little Quilter