Saturday, July 7, 2007

it's a BEAR ! ! ! ! ! !

Look who came to the Breakfast Club this morning !! It's Papa Bear ! ! (or maybe Teenager Bear -- it wasn't one of the real huge guys, however I still wouldn't want to be on the business end of those claws ! !) -- Anyhow, just now, at about 9 AM, I was still half asleep and putting my tea kettle on the stove when I looked out of my kitchen window and saw this guy making a bee line for the bird feeder. He started clawing the tree like a cat claws the sofa -- then sniffed around the bird seed that had fallen on the ground. I took one picture through the filthy window and screen, then opened the kitchen door to try and get a clearer picture, but that scared Yogi (or it may have been Boo Boo) off into the woods right next to our house. O.K. --- now that I'm REALLY awake, I'll go finish getting my cup of tea .

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka. Mare)

2 comments:

OldBagNewTricks said...

Yep, that would get my attention first thing in the morning. (And I was all excited about raccoon tracks in my froggy pond... but a bear!!! That IS something.) Perhaps what Yogi, or is it Boo-Boo, needs is a picnic basket instead of birdseed... A nice sandwich, potato salad, watermelon ... that's what he's looking for.

Jenny

Busy Little Quilter said...

I am so jealous. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to see a bear when I lived in PA. My husband saw them, but I never did. I guess I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

He works in Grande Prarie, Alberta, Canada now. He sees moose, bear, and some other animals all of the time. I went to spend two weeks up there last summer. I never one time saw a moose or a bear. I guess they know when I am coming and head for the hills!!