Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Country Cottage




As promised in my previous post (about the Hometown Farmers' Market) here are some pictures of The Country Cottage "Home of the Blue Ribbon Pickles". This is the VERY CUTE shop on Race Street in Jim Thorpe,Pa where I buy VERY YUMMY homemade pickles and jams AND , their newest creation, jalapeno salsa -- it'll knock your socks off !!!! Lori, the shop owner, aka "the Pickle Lady" cooks up all these goodies in her little kitchen right there in the back of her shop. She has won many blue ribbons at the county fair for her pickles (there they are -- the pickles and their well - deserved blue ribbons in picture #2). The third picture shows the cupboard with all those mouth watering jams Lori makes. You can also see into the front room of the shop where she has all sorts of pretty things, such as floral quilts and table runners, pretty tea cups, and another of my favorite things --- BUTTONS !! A big bowl filled with buttons she picks up at various flea markets, etc. Upstairs, she has a room filled with quaint Christmas themed items.

Of course I can't go in The Country Cottage and come out empty handed -- the last picture I posted shows you my loot from today's visit -- some yummy jam (peach, strawberry, and strawberry peach -- I like to keep a couple of extra jars on hand to use as little gifts along with homemade British Scones.) --- AND I also bought some really neat buttons from Lori's stash of favorites !! (don't they look like candy the way they're wrapped up?!)

So, if you're in the area , come visit Lori at The Country Cottage, 37 Race Street, Jim Thorpe, Pa . You can also contact her at 1-800-304-8522.

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

1 comment:

Nan said...

Jalapeno salsa - my mouth is watering! What an absolutely adorable store! You can bet if I ever visit that area, I am definitely going to that store! It is my kind of place - she even has buttons?!? Oh my......(heavy sigh)