Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dottie for Dots !










OK -- so on Sunday I went into Walmart for light bulbs, Q-tips, tissues and a birthday card. On Sunday I came out of Walmart with the CUTEST polka dot ribbon (6 different "flavors") , a fun little Singer sewing box (tin), some rick rack in yummy colors that I couldn't pass up, AND the latest issue of Country Living magazine...... (but no light bulbs, Q-tips, tissues or birthday card...)

Now , the nice Walmart lady who measured and cut my ribbon asked me what I was going to do with all that ribbon. I answered the way I usually do in similar situations : "I have no idea." Well -- I'm happy to report I now have an idea (which popped into my head while I was taking a shower -- it even caused me to stop singing... which is probably for the best). Anyhow, I decided to try making some flowers (like I saw on Posie's blog and website -- only hers are made out of fabric, I think. Check out her sugar rose pin ! http://www.rosylittlethings.com/sugarrose.html -- sorry, still haven't had a chance to learn how to do the "link" thing.) So, as I was saying, I decided to make some flowers to decorate an Easter bonnet; or a bracelet, or a hair band, or a necklace, OR how about decorating your sunglasses with ribbon flowers, HUH? HUH? ! Pretty snappy don't ya think ? ! Oh , OK -- so maybe the sunglasses thing is a bit of a stretch.....

Anyhow, I now have all sorts of polka dot doo dads , but I still have to stop at Walmart for light bulbs, Q-tips, tissues, and a birthday card !

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Love the dots! Cute ribbon and projects.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the dots! I also love the little sewing tin. I will have to look for that next time I'm in Walmart. I, too, want to make some flowers from Posie's site. Your's look great!

Amanda