Sunday, April 6, 2014

LOVE these new books !!!

  I recently got a couple of books (because , like fabric, you can just never have enough!).   I LOVE both of these books !! I've already folded down the corners of just about every page to mark the quilts I want to make !  This first one is "Strip Savvy" by Kate Henderson .  All of the quilts are made with jelly rolls (or 2 and 1/2" strips if you feel like cutting them yourself.)  REALLY REALLY cute ideas /designs !!!!

This second book , "25 Ways to Sew Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes & Charm Packs" is by Brioni Greenberg and it is GORGEOUS !!!!   The first quilt (out of ALL of them in this book) that I want to make is the one on the cover .  I ~ just~ LOVE ~ it !!!!!!!!!
 
 BUT ...... I am going to try and restrain myself from starting yet another (10) project (s) right now (maybe) since I have that ( 5 years in the making ) graduation quilt to finish  (before it rots !)   ......but then again, self control is NOT one of my strong points !!!!(ask any chocolate chip cookie that crosses my path!)
 
Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)
       

No comments: