Friday, July 5, 2013

Wynken, Blynken and Nod ..... talked me into it !


OK..... so the delusional side of my brain took over and got talked into STARTING this baby quilt 5 days ago ...... and it was for a baby shower YESTERDAY (on the 4th of July) .....  the practical side of my brain kept saying "don't do it !  you don't have time !!!" . ...... BUT, "Wynken, Blynken and Nod"  talked me into it  ( I designed this quilt based on that poem).  
So,  this is as far as I got ........the appliques are all fused on (but not stitched down) ;  the moon has his eyes and mouth stitched on,  and Wynken, Blynken and Nod's boat has the "wind whisps" stitched beneath the boat ......... so,  NOT quite done in time !!!    
New plan :   finish this baby quilt BEFORE the baby is born ....... ETA  9/8/13 .
Will keep you posted on how that goes .....

P.S.    In my defense, I did manage to finish the "Cowboy Lullabye"  wall hanging !!!   (the much smaller of the two projects ....... and in my sewing frenzy I completely forgot to take a picture of it ..... darn.  Well, you can see the drawing /design in the previous post ....... just imagine it in fabric instead of a crayon scribble.)

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

1 comment:

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love it! I know they will, too.