Saturday, August 18, 2012

My typewriter obsession ! (JJJ space, FFF space)

Ever since my  "Low Tech Texting "
   post, I have been obsessed with vintage typewriters.  I remember taking typing class in high school on a typewriter that was similar to, but I don't think quite as ancient as the one this very efficient looking secretary is using.  Anybody else remember "JJJ space, FFF space, JJJ space, FFF space ....." ?  Anyhow, I googled "vintage typewriters" and LOOK what I found on eBay  .....
...a PINK typewriter and ....

....a BLUE typewriter !!!!

 ......just like the ones in my new fun typewriter fabric that I just could NOT pass up !!!!  (fabric = Melody Miller Ruby Star Shining for Kokka)

.....cause I think it would look pretty snazzy in a project along with my hand typed text fabric !!!!

......maybe in Malka Dubrawsky's "Supersize Shoofly" pattern in the August issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.

OK, enough obsessing AND piddling around ....... there's a college quilt that needs to get done in T minus 7 days ......YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

No comments: