Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday Night ---> Saturday Night Sew In

 Well, my  Friday Night Sew In had to stretch all the way to a "Saturday Night Sew In" .......oh well, at least there was sewing !!!!  So, what exactly was accomplished you might ask?   Well, I took that lonely little  Honeybee House block  I designed for Quilt Jane's Desperate Housewives Quilt Project and sewed it onto some white fabric, sewed ric rac around the edges, and stuck it into an embroidery hoop that I wrapped with matching black fabric (not my original idea ..... the fabric wrapped embroidery hoop I saw in the new summer issue of Stitch, Craft, Create magazine.)   Anyhow, those who know me well, know the chances of me making more of the same block and making a quilt out of it anytime in the near future are fairly slim  ..... so I feel this embroidery  hoop solution at least gives this little house block a home !

Be back soon !
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

1 comment:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very cute and I love the presentation idea - am off to look for something I can do the same with!