Thursday, August 13, 2009

What to do with all of those clean wash cloths ......










Good afternoon Blogland Neighborhood ! Clean wash cloths ??? What clean wash cloths ?!?!??? Anyhow, isn't this hysterical ! This is a card by Tina Neidlein we found recently and it got us thinking about all those clean and fluffy towels and wash cloths (that don't stay clean and fluffy for very long...) and we remembered the MBIAJ Sewing Dept came up with a little project last winter , made from a wash cloth (rescued from the filthy clutches of the Moonbeams Boys and their cruddy cronies BEFORE they messed them up) and some fabric , that I don't think we ever showed you .....so now you have to .....well, not HAVE TO .... get to see the wash cloth project(s) (the Sewing Dept got carried away and made two...)



....here's the blue one and ....



.....this is the green version (just click on the pictures to make them bigger ).....













BUT WHAT ARE THEY ???? you ask .... well, these are ... (hold your horses Jan .... I'm gettin' to it!) .....








.......hot pack / cold pack covers !!!!

The Moonbeams Boys (and their mama) use cold packs and hot packs ALOT ..... this summer we've had sinus infections, earaches , bumps and boo boos from racing dirtbikes (them, not mama) , and now high school soccer practice is starting on Monday so we're prepared for the whining and complaining re: sore shins and ankles that are par for the course from Kid #2. So, not able to leave well enough alone, and being irked by the cold/ hot pack always falling out of the just folded wash cloth around the cold/ hot pack, the MBIAJ Sewing Dept put on their thinking caps and had to come up with a practical, yet decorated (which the Moonbeams Boys could really not give a _______ about) cover for the well used cold/ hot packs at MBIAJ Headquarters .......and , so there you have it ! Instructions soon to follow .... so gang .... rescue a wash cloth while it's still clean and dry and we'll put one of these babies together next blog post ..... (hopefully sooner rather than later!)

Stay tuned !!!

Be back soon!
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

9 comments:

Jan said...

You forgot to finish!!!! Or is this a "cliff hanger???" (LOL) They are as cute as cute can be ... but, like Lucy, I'm at a total loss as to what they are!!! I'm gonna have to ponder this one for a while!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cute project, Mar!!

PamKittyMorning said...

What a clever idea!

Jan said...

Well now I'm LOL cuz you did finish!!! I obviously showed up last night "mid post!!!" The last thing I saw was Lucy saying "what are they!" LOL! I came back this morning for a 2nd look cuz I was still trying to figure out what those cute little things were ... so glad I did; and what an awesome idea for the cold packs!!! I look forward to the tutorial cuz we use 'em an awful lot down here in Davie too!

CuteStuffInside said...

I really love it when people come up with such great ideas!

S.W.A.K.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How very cute!!!! I have a swollen ankle will that help?? lolol

dianne said...

you are just so doggone smart - i love that idea ... now, if i can just get my mitts on a washcloth that isn't raggedy...

Celine Perkins said...

What a great idea - lovely tutorial Mary Anne!

Blogger said...

(Download) $12,234 in 2 months Gambling Software?

Let me tell it straight.

I don't care about sports. Never cared less.

I tried everything from forex & stocks to internet systems and affiliate networks.. I even made some money but then lost it all when the stock market went south.

I think I finally found it. Grab It Now!