Monday, September 15, 2008

Yesterday it was SO HOT ...... (how hot was it?)

Happy Monday evening to all you Blogland neighbors! Yesterday it was SO HOT ....(how hot was it?)....

....it was 92 degrees and HUMID during the day and still 80 degrees and HUMID at 11:14 AT NIGHT !!! (that's the local weather guy ... if you look in the bottom right corner of that lousy picture you'll see that it says 80 degrees and 11:14 PM if you don't believe me ...I don't know why it says 7:37 at the top of that dumb map, cause believe me it was STINKIN' HOT at 11:14 PM ... uh, sorry.... heat and humidity make me a little cranky.....) Now, I might have been a teensy bit cranky, BUT there were certain parties around here who were literally .....
....biting each other's heads off!!!


.....it got a little rough for awhile, thankfully nobody was hurt .....but ...

....now Kitty is demanding to know who is going to pay for her glasses .....







Anyway, by this morning it had cooled off nicely and was feeling a little more like early fall temperatures which put everybody in a little better mood, not to mention the fact that one doesn't feel so much like a giant sweaty slug. Anyhow, being re-energized by cool air, I decided to pick a room and start cleaning up the clutter (and trust me, there is clutter as far as the eye can see..... I think I was oblivious to it all summer, or just blissfully coexisting with it ..... but this morning the piles of fabric all over my sewing room and the stacks of magazines all over the kitchen were just MORE THAN I COULD TAKE TODAY ......uh....sorry, I guess I've got some crankiness left over from yesterday's heat and humidity.....) OK, so here was my plan .... I'd spend an hour decluttering the table in my sewing room so that I could at least locate it .... the table, that is ..... then I'd go down to the kitchen and go through magazines for an hour .... Part A worked out well ....I can now see and locate the table in my sewing room (just don't look at the shelves against the wall .... that's where I dumped all of the fabric that was sitting on the table ....) OK, so on with Part B .... let's keep on schedule here ..... so, I go down to the kitchen, make a cup of tea and start going through the stacks of magazines on the bench .... when I come across a bunch I just got over the past week and haven't really looked at yet .....

......so, now the plan is to give myself 10 minutes to quickly scan through these new magazines because now I'm in the mood to look at "Fall" stuff since it was much cooler today .....

....oooohhhhh! and this is a fun catalog!! It's Victorian Trading Co......I have no idea why I got it in the mail, but I'm glad I did ......look at this !!......

.....now THIS is what I call a GREAT WITCH'S HAT !!!!......complete with black bird (a raven?), black feathers, and a black veil!!!!! I bet Dorothy would even trade those red sparkly shoes for this great hat!!!

DING ! .....oh, oops... my allotted hour for going through OLD magazines is now up.....I'll just stick these new magazines and that nifty catalog on top of the pile of old magazines and tackle that mess another time.....

Be back soon....
Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Holey moley....you guys DID have a heat wave ~~ don't you just love that 'sweaty slug' feeling??? Ha. Laughed out loud about that one.

And just a little bit of envy with those Hello Kitties Diva Shades on the part of your cat......?

Enjoy paging thru your 'zines!

Mona said...

Oh dear...sharp pointy teeth! LOL Poor Kitty.

You've got some great Halloween issues to peruse!!