Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day !!!

I saw these pretty buttery yellow flowers at the grocery store today and decided they were the perfect flowers to go in that yellow striped tote bag to hang on the front door for May Day (that is until it started to rain .... so now the flowers are in a vase on the kitchen table and the tote bag is back hanging on the door of my pink sewing room .... oh well, so much for May Day!)

Anyhow, Daisy and I were able to squeeze in a teeny, tiny bit of sewing today .... working on that cherry fabric apron and matching chef hat ...... when who popped in for a visit .....yes it was Kitty .... and she decided she would LOVE to have a chef hat too and would we make her one .... so, first we had to measure her head ...



...then while Daisy and I were sewing, Kitty got bored and started wandering around the pink sewing room .... when she came upon this magazine that I bought a couple of days ago (also at the grocery store)
I've never seen this "B" magazine before (I think it stands for "Boomer" as in Baby Boomer?) .... but the lady in the flowered bathing cap caught my eye and I just HAD to buy the magazine if only for that picture .... could it be that my favorite flowered bathing cap is becoming a trend??????) Anyway, when Kitty saw the magazine she immediately ran home to get HER flowered bathing cap .....




....then she wanted me to take her picture in front of the magazine ....










....oh, and then I remembered a catalog of bathing caps came in the mail yesterday ..... so I brought it out for Kitty to look at ....
.....now I thought I was doing Kitty a favor .... I thought she would enjoy looking at all the different bathing caps in the catalog in case she decides she wants a new one ..... was she appreciative? was she grateful???? ..... you would think so, wouldn't you? .....but NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!
...she was in a snit, drove over the magazine AND the catalog, and left in a HUFF ..... she said something about why wasn't SHE asked to be the cover girl on the magazine in HER flowered bathing cap? and why wasn't she asked to model flowered bathing caps in that catalog???????SHEESH !!! (as you can see, I didn't get much sewing done today ....oh well, maybe tomorrow!!)

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Man! Between your comment about 'size does not matter' on my post and Kitty in a snit---yup, coffee in my nose (again!) from snorting in laughter!

Happy May Day!

Maryjo said...

Happy Belated May Day! I love your May Day tote...was there a pattern or is this an original? Sure looks cute!

Mary Jo in Iowa

Tipper said...

Ms. Kitty makes my day! Hope she gets out of her snit soon. And good luck on the quilt.

Cathie said...

Hi Mary Anne, thank you thank you for sharing your music! It has brightened my grumpy mood enormously!

I love your blog, btw... and I love the name, too! One of my fav songs!

Hope Miss Kitty gets her day brightened also...tis just NO fun being all grumpy!

Cath

Doe said...

Just love Kitty to pieces! She makes me laugh! YOU crack me up. LOL! I hope you had a wonderful May Day. So, when do we get to see your flowered bathing cap? On you? hehehe!

susan said...

kitty! kitty! kitty! the world is not all about kitty! ha! like she believes that :-) it is really all about kitty isnt it? i can maybe relate, she is one of the few i know that actually pulls off that "bathing cap" look with such aplump! :-)

Tutti Chic said...

Love this post! Happy mothers day to you! Isn't the lady in the bathing cap adorable? Reminds me of the ones my mom used to wear & how cute she looked in them!Thanks for visiting my blog today~I'm off to read more of your wonderful blog~ :) chris

Happy Zombie said...

OMG... I'm CRACKING UP. I especially loved Kitty in a snit!