Friday, August 24, 2007

Started to feel like fall there for awhile!




Ever since the big storm a week ago, we've been having unusually cool weather -- there were a few days that the high temperature was only 57 degrees!! In August?! In Pennsylvania?! VERY WEIRD !! That's about 30 degrees cooler than it usually is in August in Pa ! We were even wearing jeans and sweat shirts -- in August, in Pa !!!! (but , today the spell was broken and the heat and miserable HUMIDITY started to creep back in -- I don't do humidity very well -- it makes me cranky. Of course the heat and humidity are back just in time for the first day of school this Monday.) Anyhow, a few days ago while I was feeling "autumn-ish" I was at Walmart and wandered into the fabric dept -- and look at all the fun fall fabrics they had -- and I bought! I LOVE the pumpkins and corn , oh , and the different leave fabrics, etc , etc, etc. Now, as we all know, I'm easily distracted -- I had to force myself NOT to immediately start yet another project using those fun fall fabrics just because I was feeling "autumn-ish". (or resume working on last fall's project just yet -- picture #4). At the beginning of the summer, my plan was to finish my 2 summer projects -- that have been lingering on and on for quite a few summers (picture #2 and #3) -- but, here we are almost at the end of August, and mission NOT accomplished -- again! How did the summer fly by so fast? (I know it's not officially over until Sept 22, according to the calendar, OR at least next weekend on Labor Day -- but since my kids start school this Monday, I feel like summer is over -- RATS !)

Sooo....... here's the plan. I'll work on the summer projects until Labor Day -- oh wait, that's only a week away -- there's no way I'll be finished in a week! OK ..... here's the plan. I'll work on the summer projects until the week after Labor Day , then I'll work on the fall projects until after Thanksgiving (I'm a very seasonal type person -- i.e. I like working on projects during the season that they go with -- I have a real hard time getting into "Christmas in July" projects -- and that's why I have partly finished projects for every single season there is. I figure at this rate, I should have everything completed about the time I really start to hate those particular projects and wonder why the heck I started them to begin with and what in the world was I thinking when I picked out that fabric, etc!) Anyhow, as I was saying before I interrupted myself, I'll work on the summer projects until the week after Labor Day, then I'll work on the fall projects until after Thanksgiving -- oh, wait -- then that means my Christmas projects will really get the short end of the stick. -- RATS ! Hmmmmmm....... what to do, what to do, what to do? I KNOW !!! Continue to be in denial about what I can accomplish without a full time staff of a housekeeper, cook, taxi driver, and secretary and just START ANOTHER PROJECT !!!!! There! I'm glad we solved THAT problem ! (I wonder if they need my help with anything at the White House?)

Toodles,
Mary Anne (aka Mare)

No comments: